My Sake Shrimp Recipe

So guys I was really hungry and was thinking of a quick fix for food. I just made this impromptu style, and it came out delicious so I thought I would share it.

Here's a list of what you'll need:
Extra virgin olive oil
1/2 lb of shrimp (with shell attached)
Green onion (put as much as you like)
Marudazu shoyu (soy sauce)
Pinch of sea salt
Bottle cap full of Sochu Yokaichi Kome (distilled from rice) Sake
Scissors
Small frying pan

How to cook:
Pour some EVOO in the small frying pan on med-high heat.
Once oil starts to get hot scissor your green onion right into the pan.
Stir for a few minutes until they become aromatic.
Next, throw in the shrimp. Stir as needed. Add the soy sauce and the pinch of sea salt.
By now, a minute or two should have gone by, right when it's about to finish (become bright orange), add the sake.
Stir for another few seconds for the alcohol to sink in.
Turn off the heat and you're ready to serve

I poured everything on a bed of premium medium grain japanese rice. Juices and green onions were flavorful, wish I could show you :D

I used this soy sauce because it has lower sodium content, which is why it has a pleasant sweet tone rather than being too salty. I don't know how much soysauce I put, but just enough to cover the shrimp a little to give it some color and for it to sizzle up. And for those who are wondering why I didn't detach the shells, the idea is that it helps the flavors of the green onion, salt, soy sauce and sake stay in the shrimp so when you're eating it you can suck out the juices. You can't mess this up, advice; as with most seafoods don't overcook as it will taste horrible (tough).

Enjoy.

1 comments:

Tanya | September 16, 2009 at 4:04 PM

very nice! more, please.